“I serve” is the motto of Junior and Youth Red Cross (JYRC). As an integral part of the Nepal Red Cross Society, Junior and Youth Red Cross is playing a significant role in providing the humanitarian services in the community and expanding the organization in educational institutions and community.
The goal of the Junior and Youth Red Cross is to promote managerial capability of the Juniors and Youths and develop them as volunteer workers for their own benefit by affiliating them to Red Cross.
Junior and Youth Red Cross was established on 5 March 1965 after the inception of Nepal Red Cross Society in Nepal. In the education institutions and communities of all the districts of Nepal Junior and Youth Red Cross Circles are organized, developed and extended as network extensively.
Juniors and Youths are an inseparable organ of Nepal Red Cross Society. JYRC members are working together with multiple partners for constructive and perceptive development for young generation. Working areas include for example Youth Delegate exchange Programs, WASH in schools, school-based First Aid, reproductive health related programs, migration and human trafficking projects, climate change adaptation and urbanization.
Key figures of JYRC
- Established on 5th of March in 1965
- Junior and Youth Members: 852,468
- Junior and Youth Red Cross Circles: 6,255
- Community Youth Red Cross Circles: 193
- Youth Volunteers ready to action: 75,060
Objectives of JYRC
- To involve youths in humanitarian services related to life saving and health protection including public awareness activities;
- To help NRCS in its institutional development by promoting Red Cross principles and humanitarian values; and disseminating International Humanitarian Law (IHL);
- To extend cooperation in mitigating disaster and epidemics; preparedness, rescue and relief activities;
- Promotion of the potentialities of youths by motivating them in voluntary services and involve them in service and development motive works according to time, space and context.
- To promote national and international friendships, mutual co-operation, understanding, good feelings and peace.
|Mr. Sudarshan Adhikari||Director||Overall Responsibility of Departmentfirstname.lastname@example.org, |
|Mr. Shiva Ram Gautam||Deputy Director||Developmental Project Coordinationemail@example.com, |
|1||Youth Delegate exchange Program (YDEP)||Syangja||NorCross||60 Junior and Youth circles|
60 Teacher sponsors
|2||Junior and Youth Revitalisation Program||Taplejung, Panchathar,Bhojpur, Dhankuta and Terathum||Italian Red Cross||250 JYRC units|
|3||International Youth Cooperation Project||Syangja and Parbat||Japanese Red Cross Society||30,942 persons|